Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!!!!!!!!!!
To go alongwith the holiday spirit, I thought I will do this tag which I first saw done by Laurie @ A Court of Books. Do checkout her blog for more fun and interesting stuff.
1. “You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch”: Name a villainous character you couldn’t help but love.
Who else but The Darkling from the Grisha Trilogy. He is evil and sadistic and everything wrong but the way his character is written just makes me love him.
2. “All I Want for Christmas is You”: Which book to you most hope to see under your Christmas tree?
Well I don’t have a tree at home but I would have loved if someone had gifted me the illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
3. “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer”: Name a character that overcomes major obstacles and learns to believe in themselves.
All the major female characters in Sarah J Maas world. They are all brave and badass and don’t need a man to save them but they also have their own challenges to overcome.
Feyre struggles with her PTSD, Aelin overcomes her belief that she is unworthy and Manon transforms into someone completely different from how she has been conditioned throughout her life. I love all of them!!!
4. “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”:
a) Which character do you think would be on the top of the naughty list?
Dolores Umbridge from the Harry Potter series. She revels in torturing others just for the heck of it and that for me, makes her worse than Voldemort.
b) Which character do you think would be at the top of the nice list?
Sweet cinnamon roll turned kinky Dorian Havilliard from Throne of Glass. Irrespective of all his destructive powers, he is still too nice at heart.
5. “Frosty the Snowman”: Which book just melts your heart.
Among the recent ones, it has to be When Dimple met Rishi. I adore the book and it made me very very happy.
6. “Feliz Navidad”: Choose a book that takes place in a country other than your own.
Well I mostly read books set in America or fantasy worlds, so pretty much everything I read.
7. “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”: Which holiday themed book do you use to spread the Christmas joy?
Harry Potter… Always… Its themes of love and family and friendship are what you need for the holidays.
8. “Sleigh Ride”: Which fictional character would you choose to spend the holidays with (doesn’t have to be a love interest!)
Why do I have to choose one!!!!! This is soooooooooooo difficult.
But I would love to spend the holidays with the entire set of characters from Throne of Glass. I would particularly love to have some intense bookish discussions with Aelin and Dorian.
9. “Baby it’s Cold Outside”: Which book that you didn’t like would you sacrifice to a fire to warm yourself up in the cold?
I would try my best not to put myself in a position where I would have to sacrifice a book. But if I have to choose, it would be Sociable by Rebecca Harrington. I have seen many people connect with this book and give great reviews, but it just rubbed me the wrong way.
10. “Do you hear what I hear”: Which book do you think everyone should read?
Anything written by Leigh Bardugo and Sarah J Maas. Just pick up anything they have written and have fun….
Have fun filled holidays my fellow bookworms !!!!!!!!!!!