As 2017 is coming to an end, it’s time to reflect on all the things I was able to accomplish this year and look forward to many more interesting things in 2018.
This was one of the best years for me in terms of reading, so let me list down the most wonderful moments of 2017:
- This website has existed for about 2 years now but I decided to start writing reviews and maintaining this blog only this year.
- I discovered the book blogging community and found so many people who are as crazy about books as me. I finally didn’t feel alone.
- I also discovered booktube and it’s been so much fun following some amazing funny book lovers.
- Following so many blogs and their recommendations has made my TBR pile unmanageable but I love the anticipation of reading so many new books.
- My Goodreads challenge was to read 100 books (just like every year) but I had way too much free time in the last 6 months and I managed to read 200. I still can’t believe it and I loved every second of reading all of them.
- The best part of the year has been discovering new authors (to me) and falling in love with their books. Thank you SJM, Leigh Bardugo, N. K. Jemisin, Robert Jackson Bennett, Renée Ahdieh for some of the best fantasy books I have ever read. Also for the beautiful characters who now feel like a part of my life.
- Throne of Glass is my new obsession and it has finally showed me how much fun it is to be part of a fandom.
2018 Reading Goals:
- I am not sure what the new year will bring, so I will keep my Goodreads challenge limited to 130.
- I mostly love reading fantasy and sometimes contemporary romances, but I hope I will broaden my choices this year and read atleast 10 nonfiction books and maybe also venture into other genres.
- I have decided to take part in the 2018 AtoZ Reading Challenge because it seems fun and I might actually discover some books which I would otherwise not pick up.
- I have also signed up for the Beat the Backlist challenge and I am now part of team Book Bards!!! I have a TBR shelf created for the challenge and I hope to read atleast 50 books through the year.
I hope all of you had a great 2017 and hope that the New Year brings more joy and happiness into your lives. I also wish we all discover many more awesome books and authors and fellow book lovers in 2018!!!!!