I saw this amazing and fun tag on Kalina Reads and really wanted to do it, despite actually not owning a lot of books. However, I couldn’t resist and here I am. And do make sure to checkout their blog for more wonderful bookish posts.
. Time yourself trying to find each prompt on your shelf
2. Try and beat the time of the person who challenged you.
3. Don’t forget to tag your challenger and the original creator.
4. Have fun!
1. Do you have a book with deckled edges?
Norse Mythology is the only book with deckled pages I own. I’m so glad I didn’t have to say “Nope” for the very first question 😀😀
2. Do you have a book with 3 or more people on the cover?
I searched a lot until I found this digital issue #3 of Fence which has Seiji, Nick and Aidan on the cover.
3. Do you have a book based on another fictional story?
I haven’t read it yet but I bought this choose your own adventure Romeo Juliet book as a reminder of my first visit to Strand Bookstore NYC.
4. Do you have a book with a title 10 letters long?
Nevernight…. I had to count the letters on quite a few books on my shelf before I found this.
5. Do you have a book with a title that starts and ends with the same letter?
This may not come as a surprise – Six of Crows.
6. Do you have a Mass Market Paperback book?
I assumed I didn’t, but later realized I do own this mass market paperback of Gabriel Allon’s first adventure which I bought at a used bookstore.
7. Do you have a book written by an author using a pen name?
Christina Lauren is the pen name under which two wonderful ladies choose to write and their book Autoboyography looks absolutely stunning on my shelf.
8. Do you have a book with a character’s name in the title?
I actually own the audiobook, so that means I get to mention it here.. Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda. Such a fun book and an even more wonderful movie.
9. Do you have a book with 2 maps in it?
Crooked Kingdom has the usual map of the Grishaverse and the gorgeous detailed one of Ketterdam which I really love.
10. Do you have a book that was turned into a TV show?
I really want to say the Grisha trilogy because it is being made into a TV show.
11. Do you have a book written by someone who is originally famous for something else? (celebrity/athlete/politician/tv personality…)
This was a kindle purchase and one I bought and read probably immediately after release because I love Karan Johar for being a wonderful filmmaker/tv host/fashionista and unapologetic about himself.
12. Do you have a book with a clock on the cover?
As you can see from the title, it’s not surprising The Clockmaker’s Daughter has a huge clock on the cover.
13. Do you have a poetry book?
I don’t ever read poetry but I did buy this one at B&N because it looked very gorgeous and I had a coupon 🤣🤣🤣
14. Do you have a book with an award stamp on it?
The Song of Achilles is the only one which I own that has a stamp on it.
15. Do you have a book written by an author with the same initials as you?
I actually had to do a lot of digging through my kindle, but found these two books by Sharath Komarraju (my initials are SK too) which are a part of a very interesting retelling of Mahabharata.
16. Do you have a book of short stories?
A Thousand Beginnings and Endings is an anthology of short stories based on Asian myths and legends and I totally adore this book.
17. Do you have a book that is between 500-510 pages long?
I had to go through quite a good number of books on the shelf until I found Dance of Thieves which is exactly 504 pages.
18. Do you have a book that was turned into a movie?
A goodwill find, Angels and Demons is probably the only physical book I own which has been made into a movie. Though I also own an ebook of The DaVinci Code.
19. Do you have a graphic novel?
No physical copies, but I own a few issues of Fence in the digital format.
20. Do you have a book written by 2 or more authors?
My Plain Jane is a Jane Eyre retelling written by three amazing ladies and it was such a fun read.
When I decided to do this tag, I really didn’t think I would be able to answer all the questions. Not only did I answer everything, I also didn’t have to repeat any books, which has made me very very happy.
I Tag: (Though I’m tagging only a few here, all of you please feel free to do this tag and link back to me because this is a lot of fun)
Nandini @ Unputdownable Books
Charvi @ Not Just Fiction
Shruti @ This Is Lit
Tanvi @ A Reader to Whatever End
Dany @ Ambivert Words
Thya @ Wilted Pages
Shalini @ Book Rambler