I’m not very good at imagining my favorite books or characters, so whenever a new tv or movie adaptation is announced, I’m always excited because I love watching them on the screen. So, when I saw Katie @ Lost in Pages do this tag, I thought I should give it a try as well. Do make sure to checkout her blog before you dive into my answers 🙂
1. What is the last book adaptation movie/TV show you saw?
I’ve never read the original story on which this movie is based on, but I found it to be very interesting and fun but also poignant and the acting was just top notch.
2. What book movie/TV show are you most excited for?
This is probably the first time one of my favorite fantasy series is getting made into a show and I can’t tell you how excited I am for this. The cast also looks fantastic and it can’t come out soon enough.
3. Which upcoming book movie/TV show will you definitely NOT see?
Never say never, but most probably I will not be watching the new Wheel of Time show. But I might change my mind if I hear rave reviews.
4. Which book movie/TV show would you NEVER watch again?
I thought the first movie was good enough but the later ones were just so boring and I would never willingly watch Allegiant again.
5. Is there a movie/TV show you saw that made you want to read the book, if you hadn’t yet?
I never thought I would read The Witcher series but after watching the first season, I was very impressed and decided to give it a try. I have already read the two short story collections and hopefully will read the rest of the novels as well.
6. Conversely, is there a movie/TV show that made you never want to read the book?
I actually tried… I started and DNFd the first book three times despite watching the initial seasons of the show multiple times. I don’t think I’m ever gonna try it again.
7. Name an adaptation that has almost nothing to do with the book it’s supposedly based on.
Shadowhunters does have the characters from the show and follows some of the same story, but it’s also different in so many other ways. But I absolutely loved it and have no complaints.
8. Have you ever left the theater during a movie adaptation because it was so bad?
No. I’m not someone who abandons a movie in between, and why waste my money.
9. Do you prefer to watch the movie/TV show first or read the book first?
This totally depends on my mood and my level of interest. I’ve seen quite a few adaptations before reading the source material but that has never ruined my experience.
10. How do you feel about movie/TV show adaptations that age characters up? (ex. characters that are in middle-school, but in the movies they’re all 18)
Hmm… I don’t know if I have any strong opinions about it. Maybe I will if it’s done to any of my favorite series.
11. Do you get angry when the actors don’t look like you thought the characters looked?
I never put much thought into how the characters look, so I’m usually okay with the actors chosen as long as they can do justice to the character.
12. Is there a movie/TV show you liked better than its book?
This is probably controversial (I know I always say that..) but my answer will forever be Lord of the Rings movie trilogy.
13. Name a book that you would love to see as a movie/TV show.
I would love to see Throne of Glass as an epic fantasy TV show. Please make this happen….!!!!!