I first saw this tag on Holly’s blog and have been waiting to do it myself at the perfect time, and what can be more right than during this Wyrd and Wonder. Let me not delay anymore and get started immediately.
- Mention the creator (Onespeculiar)
- Answers the questions
- Tag as many people as you like
- Have fun!
1. The lost princess– A book/series you lost interest in half way through.
I love love love N. K. Jemisin’s writing with all my heart but her debut The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms is not one of my favorites and it didn’t interest me enough to continue the rest of the trilogy.
2. The knight in shining armor- A hyped book/series that you were swept up by.
The Ember in the Ashes quartet is one of those super hyped and loved series that I kept putting off because I was scared of it’s popularity, but I finally picked it up last year and then had to binge the whole series because I couldn’t stop.
3. The wise old wizard- An author that amazes you with his/her writing.
I maybe currently struggling a bit with The Chosen and the Beautiful because I was not that much a fan of The Great Gatsby either, but I can’t deny that Nghi Vo’s writing in the Singing Hills cycle is so beautiful that I got swept away in it, and can’t wait to see the author write more books in the series.
4. The maiden in distress- An undervalued character you wished had a bigger storyline.
The Aloran prince Rao in The Jasmine Throne is one of the POV characters and very limited in presence, but his loyalty is a very appreciable trait and I kept wishing that we could get to know more of his story.
5. The magical sword- A magical item/ability you wish authors would use less.
Blood magic is one of those types of magic that I wish wasn’t very prominent in fantasies because it always involves self-harm and I am very uncomfortable with it.
6. The mindless villain- A phrase you cannot help but role your eyes at.
Nah.. I am not someone who keeps track of such things.
7. The untamed dragon- A magical creature you wish you could have as a pet.
I want darling Mephi from The Bone Shard Daughter. He is too cute and adorable and I can’t wait to see what more shenanigans he will get up to in the sequel.
8. The chosen one- A book/series you will always root for.
It’s been a while since I read the Bone Witch trilogy but it will always remain one of my all time favorites.
It’s been a while since I’ve done a tag post, so this was a lot of fun. I am too impatient to tag anyone else, but if any of you dear friends of mine are interested, please do link back to me so I can see all your answers.